Mask Surf Pro 4.1
Old versionsSee all
For many reasons that it’s no really necessary to mention here you may want to hide your real identity while surfing the Web. You may hear terrible things happening to people whose identity was caught on the net, and it’s pretty sure you don’t want them to happen to you so you better cover yourself. One way to do that is Mask Surf Pro. This application is one of the three similar options that ThankSoft people offer. There are the Mask Surf Standard and Mask Surf Lite versions as well.
So, what does make Mask Surf Pro different from a huge collection of privacy protection applications available nowadays? That’s a good question which answer can be deployed in three dimensions, to know:
1. Mask Surf Pro is easy to use, and that’s not little to say because if you can’t use it, it’s good for nothing no matter the technology behind it. The fact the users want to keep the privacy online doesn’t indicate whatsoever that they are skilled computer users, so is primary to provide an easy-to-configure solution, just like Mask Surf Pro.
2. Mask Surf Pro utilizes en exclusive technology called Tor, which is the ultimate on this matter.
3. Mask Surf Pro’s technology, Tor, is open project driven by the best networks and security experts in the world, so it’s assured its constant update and improvement.
The Mask Surf Pro works as a background application that only shows a system tray icon from which you can access a pop-up menu. From there you will be able to turn it on/off, close it, get some assistance, change false IP, and access to the options dialog.
The best way to really know how this piece of software works is to download the trial version available on the developer’s site and use for a few days. If you think the tool is reliable you can buy it online for $ 50.
- It's easy to use
- It uses an exclusive technology named Tor
- It's available for an affordable price
- It's available in English only
- The interface can mix up languages if you don't run your operating system in English
- It can slow down a bit your surfing speed